Official 2019 Selection
The competition features
3 Major award categories
- International Documentary
- French Documentary
- Musical Documentary
Numerous non-competition categories
- Francophone Panorama
- Short Films – a selection of short films will be shown before a feature screening and again at a screening exclusively dedicated to shorts
- New talents – made by students at film school, university or vocational college
- Carte Blanche – dedicated to one particular director (2019: Serge Viallet)
- Impact – films that have a positive impact: addressing the themes of human rights, the environment, democracy, and inspiration
- Focus on – a country of honour (2019: Germany)
- Smart – new documentary writing (VR, web documentaries…)
- Mitrani Prize: for best first or second film
- Audience Award: for a French-language film released between December 2017 and January 2018 (from the Francophone Panorama category)
- Erasmus+ Prize: for best European film addressing contemporary world issues from a youth perspective (from the New Talent category)
- Young Europeans Jury: for best Campus film across all categories, as judged by a panel of 7 young francophone Europeans (ages 17-25)
- Hackathon Prize: with the National Audiovisual Institute (INA) of France
Submissions to FIPADOC 2019 are now closed.
To enjoy a full access to FIPADOC 2019 with an unlimited access to all screenings and events (Fipadoc Industry, Smart Fipadoc, meetings…), request an accreditation.
FIPADOC also features a number of exceptional celebratory events, where professionals and the general public can meet to share their thoughts on documentaries. On the programme: special screenings, debates, master classes, exhibitions, and much more.
FIPADOC organizes throughout the year special screenings for all audiences, as an echo of its selection. A special emphasis is given to films proposed to students in the Nouvelle Aquitaine Region (France) during the school year. These screenings give them the opportunity to discover films and meet professionals. FIPADOC supports teachers in their educational work.
Bureau des films