Submissions to Fipadoc 2019 are now closed!
Call for pitches regulation FIPADOC 2019
FIND YOUR FRENCH / GERMAN PARTNER!
Deadline for submissions: November 16th 2018
FIPADOC launches a call for documentary projects, for the pitching session which will take place during the next edition of the festival, in Biarritz, from January 22 to 27, 2019. The chosen projects will be pitched by the project holders to selected industry delegates invited by FIPADOC. Projects looking for French and/or German partners will have priority due to the 2019 Country of Honor of the FIPADOC: Germany.
1. Eligible documentary projects
- Projects in development or in production, with a teaser ready to be shown (projects not advanced enough cannot register).
- All countries of production are accepted.
- Accepted formats: features or one-offs, series.
- Projects must have an international ambition & potential.
- Only projects with at least 20% of the budget secured are eligible.
- Only one project per company or author can be selected.
2. Project holders
- Authors, directors, producers and broadcasters.
- Each project will be pitched in English by its director, producer, and possibly by its broadcaster.
- Applicants must submit their project(s) by November 16th 2018.
- By submitting a project, the applicant commits to not pulling it out if selected.
- The selection of projects will be carried out by an internal FIPADOC selection committee.
- Selected project holders will be informed by email within a month after the closing of the call for projects.
- Selected project holders will be granted a FIPADOC professional pass.
- Once completed, all selected projects will mention in their ending credits “Pitched at FIPADOC 2019” and include the FIPADOC logo.
5. Organisation of the session
- Projects will pitched by their directors, while producers will present the editorial policy of their company. Likewise, invited industry delegates will present their activity and the kind of projects they are looking for.
- Following the pitches will be organized one-to-one meetings between project holders and industry delegates.
- Each project must have a teaser ready to be showcased to the attending industry delegates. Producers will present a promo reel of their company’s productions. These videos shouldn’t exceed 2: 30 min.
- All projects will be pitched in English.
6. Registration fees
The compulsory registration fees are of 60€ incl. VAT (50€ excl. VAT), to be paid online at the end of submission process, by credit card. Projects will be considered only if the fees have been dully paid.
FIPADOC reserves the right to modify the present regulations at any time.
© October 11th, 2018.